Heather Wallace & The Timid Rider
Heather Wallace is a Certified Equine Sports Massage Therapist (ESMT), Certified Canine Massage Therapist (CCMT), and Aromatherapist.
An overachiever by nature, Heather is always seeking to learn more to help animals of all kinds. She has a keen sense for what each animal needs and communicates, especially the more sensitive horses and dogs.
As the writer and photographer for her blog, The Timid Rider (formerly Bridle & Bone), Heather is working diligently to reveal to the world the benefits natural therapies for animals. Her blog was started to address the variety of concerns had by her client’s owners and “fur parents”.
Heather has written for a number of publications including Holistic Horse Magazine, Sidelines Magazine, Good Dog Magazine, and Equine Info Exchange. Her first book, Equestrian Handbook of Excuses was a 2017 Literary Selection for the Equus Film Festival and she is busy working on her second book, Confessions of a Timid Rider, due to be published in 2018.
Are you a brand, marketing rep, or press member? Please view my Media page for more information.
Confessions of a Timid Rider is a memoir detailing Heather Wallace’s insights about being an anxiety-ridden but passionate equestrian. After returning to riding as a mother, she is determined to follow her dreams in spite of the fear that she is somehow lacking in talent or ability. An in-depth look into the heart and head of a returning adult equestrian, this memoir is not limited to those people with horse experience. In fact, Confessions of a Timid Rider is the perfect book to read for anyone who questions their value and worth in their designated profession or life choice. Motivational and inspirational, this book will make you determined to pursue your dreams despite the inner voice that says you aren’t good enough.
As equestrians we are united by our love of horses. But whether you own, lease, or borrow some days you just want to call your trainer and cancel. For those days I’ve compiled a handy list of excuses to tell our trainers, our horses, or ourselves for why today just isn’t a good day to ride. Suitable for every level of rider, from lead line to Grand Prix.
Potential excuses cover ~ weather ~ your mood ~ your horse’s mood ~ random acts of laziness.
Two editions available in my Shop; pocket edition (1st) and photography book (2nd).
Featured in the Media
- Saddle Seeks Horse, Summer Reading List for Horse Lovers.
- Out of the Fog, New Book: Confessions of a Timid Rider by Heather Wallace.
- Digital Journal, Equestrian Writer Launches New Memoir to Inspire Women (press release).
- American Horse Publications, Equestrian Writer to Publish New Memoir, Confessions of a Timid Rider.
- The Patch, Local Small Business Owner Finalist for International Award.
- Out of the Fog by Connie Hambley, Author Interview: Heather Wallace.
- Mainland Aggregates Blog, Horse Health and Happiness: Tips from the Experts.
- Consumer’s Advocate, NomNomNow- Eat Well, Live Great.
- Saddle Seeks Horse, 18 Horse-Themed Instagram Accounts to Follow in 2018.
- Sally Morgan, PT, CST, Equus Film Festival Interview (Video).
- Apt Cavalier, Learning Blogging from the Best with Bridle and Bone.
- With the Stroke of the Pen, Equestrian Handbook of Excuses by Heather Wallace.
- The Sand Arena Ballerina, The Equestrians Guide to Motivation.
- Animal Health Company, 17 Horse Experts Share Their Top Grooming Tips.
- The Small Town Equestrian, Interview- Heather Wallace.
- Consumers Advocate, The Circle of Giving.
- Rover.com, Are Essential Oils Safe for Your Dog?
- I Party with Bruce Wayne, Why All Instagrammers Need to Start Blogging .
- Interview with Tori Mistick of Wear Wag Repeat (Video).
- Interview on Come Wag Along: Meet the Pet Bloggers (Video).