Some of the Many Hats I Wear…
Animal Massage Therapy
I am a certified and insured Equine Sports Massage Therapist (ESMT) and Canine Sports Massage Therapist (CCMT) who provides sports massage, acupressure, and aromatherapy for equines, canines, and camelids throughout New Jersey. As such she is on the Pet Advisory Panel for Treatibles, a phytocannabinoid (CBD) oil) company for animals. Visit my business website.
My first book, Equestrian Handbook of Excuses, was a 2017 Literary Selection for the Equus Film Festival. Available now is my award-winning and second book, bestselling Confessions of a Timid Rider, which details my story about being an anxiety-ridden but passionate equestrian.
My name is Heather. I stepped away from horses as a teen due to anxiety and regretted it ever since. Now I’m back but things are a little different now. I’m a mother, I’m less flexible, and I’m a lot more nervous. The biggest difference? I’m following my passion despite lacking confidence. Join me as I talk about all those things we think but don’t say out loud. I am a Timid Rider, but I’m determined to keep pursuing my passion.
I am the Content Manager for EquineInfoExchange.com, a totally comprehensive, supplying visitors with a worldwide view and repository of information for every aspect related to horses. EIE provides the ability to search breeds, riding disciplines, horse sports, health, vacations, art, lifestyles, and more. We feature the top articles and videos in the equine world and share them with our huge social media reach.
I have written for Equine Info Exchange and publications such as Sidelines Magazine, Holistic Horse Magazine, Horse Canada and many more. You can view a selection of my freelance work in my portfolio. In my spare time, of which I have little, I spend my time with her husband, three children, two dogs, and pony.
I am also the Media Coordinator for The Gobi Desert Cup, an endurance horse race in Mongolia each year. The Gobi Desert Cup is a multistage endurance race on Mongolian horses, unlike any other endurance event. Co-founded in 2016 by FEI 3* Endurance Rider, Camille Champagne, the Gobi Desert Cup is a multi-stage endurance race through the Gobi Desert, riding semi-wild Mongolian horses every day for six days over 480 kilometers. Mongolian horsemanship and nomadic tradition have remained virtually unchanged since the time of Genghis Khan in the 13th century. The GDC was founded to directly benefit the local nomadic people and their horses while drawing global attention to their slowly dwindling lifestyle.
Follow me on social media @timidrider.
Awards & Nominations
Confessions of a Timid Rider
- Winner of the 2018 Equus Film Festival Literary Non-Fiction Award.
- Amazon #1 Hot New Release, Confessions of a Timid Rider.
- Best selling book on Amazon in three categories, Confessions of a Timid Rider.
The Timid Rider
- Equestrian Blogger of the Year 2018 Nominee by Haynet and MirrorMe PR.
- “Best Beyond Paws Pet Blog” Finalist by BlogPaws.
- Top Rated Pet Blog by Wag.
- Top 100 Equestrian Blogs by Feedspot.
- Ranked #25 in Top 100 Equestrian Blogs by Feedspot.
- 2017 Equus Film Festival Literary Selection (Equestrian Handbook of Excuses).
- Top 100 Pet Blog by Feedspot.
- Blogger Recognition Award 2017.
- Haynet Equestrian Blogger of the Year 2017 Nominee.
- 2017 Dog Writer’s Association Nominee, Is An Animal Massage Therapist a Real Job?
- 2017 BlogPaws Nose-to-Nose Nominee: Best Unconventional Pet Blog, Best New Pet Blog, Best Pet Blog Design, Best Written Blog Post.
Featured in Media
- In Due Horse, Inspo Interview, Heather Wallace The Timid Rider.
- Horse Illustrated, The Trainer Relationship by Amy Hempe
- Holistic Horse, Confessions of a Timid Rider Wins Best Literary Non-Fiction at Equus Film Festival
- Adamson Equestrian, Equestrian Book Review: Confessions of a Timid Rider, by Heather Wallace
- Equus Film Festival/ Gobi Desert Cup, The Timid Rider Talks Gobi Desert Cup at the Equus Film Festival.
- Carly Kade Creative, Equestrian Author Spotlight.
- Pet Age, Treatibles Launches Equine Line.
- The Barn Rat Book Club, Confessions of a Timid Rider, September Pick.
- The Horse Whitterer, Book Review: Confessions of a Timid Rider.
- Feathered Quill Book Reviews, Confessions of a Timid Rider.
- Reader’s Favorite Review, Confessions of a Timid Rider.
- RM Travel Radio with Rudy Maxa, 9/15/18 Hour 2, at the 34 minute-mark.
- Arabian Horse Life, Determined Women ‘of an Age’ Stay in the Saddle.
- Endurance.Net: World News, The Timid Rider Takes Mongolia.
- Her Riding Habit, Heather Wallace- The Timid Rider.
- Arabian Horse Travel, Today’s Equine Authors.
- Saddle Seeks Horse, Summer Reading List for Horse Lovers.
- Alta Mira Horsemanship, Do Natural Equine Products Really Work?
- DVR Equestrian, An excerpt from ‘Confessions of a Timid Rider’ by Heather Wallace.
- Out of the Fog, New Book: Confessions of a Timid Rider by Heather Wallace.
- Digital Journal, Equestrian Writer Launches New Memoir to Inspire Women (press release).
- American Horse Publications, Equestrian Writer to Publish New Memoir, Confessions of a Timid Rider (press release).
- The Patch, Local Small Business Owner Finalist for International Award.
- Out of the Fog by Connie Hambley, Author Interview: Heather Wallace.
- Mainland Aggregates Blog, Horse Health and Happiness: Tips from the Experts.
- Consumer’s Advocate, NomNomNow- Eat Well, Live Great.
- Saddle Seeks Horse, 18 Horse-Themed Instagram Accounts to Follow in 2018.
- Sally Morgan, PT, CST, Equus Film Festival Interview (Video).
- Apt Cavalier, Learning Blogging from the Best with Bridle and Bone.
- With the Stroke of the Pen, Equestrian Handbook of Excuses by Heather Wallace.
- The Sand Arena Ballerina, The Equestrians Guide to Motivation.
- Animal Health Company, 17 Horse Experts Share Their Top Grooming Tips.
- The Small Town Equestrian, Interview- Heather Wallace.
- Consumers Advocate, The Circle of Giving.
- Rover.com, Are Essential Oils Safe for Your Dog?
- I Party with Bruce Wayne, Why All Instagrammers Need to Start Blogging .
- Interview with Tori Mistick of Wear Wag Repeat (Video).
- Interview on Come Wag Along: Meet the Pet Bloggers (Video).
Interested in contacting Heather to interview her for your blog, newspaper, magazine or podcast? Send her an email.
Media kit is available upon request.
Praise for The Timid Rider
“Your post is brilliant I love it, you’re such a talented writer I love the way you write, very informative but easy reading.”Danielle Reynolds, DVR Equestrian.
“Heather’s knowledge, writing skills and professional approach to her blog and site make her an absolute joy to work with.” – Jodi Ziskin, Director of Communications, Treatibles.
“Heather’s blog is a little broader than just equestrian, covering our other four legged furry friends too – dogs. Heather’s blog content speaks for herself, however her strong passion for driving a blogging community and supporting others in the blogosphere shouldn’t go unrecognised, especially while managing a busy family life.” – Sophie Tunnah, Team Tunnah Eventing.
“I admire your courage and honesty about your fears and the fact that you are overcoming them so publicly everyday. I do think you, your blog, and your writing were put here for a reason; to inspire and help others and as a model for your sweet children.”Stephanie Seger, Big Dog Mom.
“Im so glad you decided to start blogging! I don’t ride and I’ll never own a horse, but I like your writing and storytelling. I love this line so much: “The words simply poured out of me like racehorses at the gate just waiting to be unleashed.” You have a good voice and I’m glad you’ve opened the gates!”Debbie Bailey, Life with Mutts.
“I absolutely love getting to know about horses and you through this blog and by connecting via BlogPaws. So happy to have you in the community. You are providing a valuable blog that many learn from, so thank you!”Carol Bryant, Fidose of Reality and BlogPaws Team.
“I think your writing has a lot of information and a lot of heart! That’s a wonderful combination. Your passion, along with your triumphs as well as struggles shine through. It’s very real and I think people really respond to that. I’m so glad you started your blog and that you’re a part of the BlogPaws community as well!!”Cathy Armato, Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them and BlogPaws Ambassador.